5 Questions You Should Ask Your Volkswagen Mechanic
Now that the seasons have changed and the temperature is warmer, the rainy season has taken over the Western Pennsylvania area. Rainy conditions may seem trivial to most drivers, but the risk of getting into a collision increases rapidly even in light rain storms. The best way to prepare for the showers ahead is to turn your headlights and windshield wipers on and follow this guide.
Questions to Ask Mechanics
- “What are your certifications?” - A quality automotive mechanic will have certifications from reputable sources. This could be either the ASE or the manufacturer themselves. An ASE-certified mechanic has undergone meticulous automotive training and could be considered a master technician.
- “What is your estimate process?” - While you would expect to get a diagnosis of your vehicle and the estimated cost for repairs, be sure to ask them how they came to that estimate. A breakdown of labor and parts will allow you to avoid any hidden costs or fees.
- “What warranties do you offer?” - While you hope that you can trust the automotive technician’s workmanship, it is always smart to see if the shop offers warranties on parts or labor.
- “Do you provide documentation for repairs?” - Receiving a written document explaining the repairs made is crucial if you need to make warranty claims or eventually wish to sell your vehicle. A receipt of the auto repairs will go a long way in solidifying a mechanic’s reputation.
- “How long will my car be in for repairs?” - Depending on the service that is required, you may be without your vehicle anywhere from a few hours to weeks. A good mechanic will give you an accurate timeframe, and some will even provide you with a temporary replacement vehicle.
If you want to find a reputable shop that has some of the most reliable automotive service technicians and parts specialists near Pittsburgh, then come to the service department at Hawk VW in Monroeville.